Monday, July 10, 2006

Welcome! Well, I always doubted the usefulness of blogs but if for nothing else, this will be a good method for me to document what we are doing, what we want to do and what we have accomplished. I am going to start carrying a camera with me on my trips, so don't be shy, if I visit I will probably try to take your photo!

This month's calendar is starting to fill in nicely. I will visit the Bentley Historical Library conservation lab this week; also this week Sharon Carlson of WMU and I will visit in Kalamazoo. While in Kalamazoo, I hope to continue a conversation with the folks at Heritage Guitar Company (In the historic Gibson Guitar factory) about preserving their records. The Archives is holding a long overdue appreciation day for our volunteers and students on July 27th with goodies from the local Roma Bakery (great Petit Fors!)

I was saddened to hear of the passing of Justice John W. Fitzgerald last week. His accomplishments will not be forgotten both locally and statewide.

We have been fortunate to have serveral excellent student workers here this summer (all good employment candidates I might add). And, we look forward to working with WSU and U of M with practicum students this Fall and Winter. So, stay tuned. I will be updating at least once per week and will be filling in my erratic ramblings with photographs.

No comments: